Kurt finds the ring on the same day Blaine buys it.
He’s tidying up their room, tiptoeing around the bed where Blaine is still sleeping, an arm thrown over his face. When Kurt picks up Blaine’s slacks from where they landed earlier in the evening, the box falls out of the pocket and Kurt, well. He can’t not look. He knows it’s not nice of him, but then Blaine Anderson should really learn to hide his secrets better if he doesn’t want them exposed.
It’s a simple, tasteful platinum band with their initials engraved. Understated and pricey as all hell, and so then Kurt spends the next fifteen minutes sitting on the floor, a hand pressed over his mouth, trying not to cry or shriek or both. Because there is knowing he’s going to marry Blaine, and then there is knowing. Kurt wasn’t even aware he had doubts, but from that moment on he honestly doesn’t have any. Tomorrow or next month or ten years from now — it doesn’t matter; it’s happening.
He puts the ring back in the box and the box back in the slacks, the slacks back down on the floor and then, after further consideration, he drops all of the clothes he’s already picked up before climbing back into bed. He throws an arm over Blaine’s side and pulls him back against his chest, whispers yes, oh my god, yes against his bare shoulder, to which Blaine mumbles something incomprehensible and nearly elbows him in the face.
Over the next two years, the ring migrates from the pocket to Blaine’s sock drawer, to the teapot they never use but kept since it was a housewarming gift from Blaine’s aunt, to Blaine’s half of the medicine cabinet. Kurt rolls his eyes every single time he finds it, then looks left and right before whispering yes aloud, giggling and feeling like a complete and utter idiot.
The ring he bought is masterfully hidden in a shoe box in the very back of his closet. Rachel’s the only person he ever shows, and she isn’t particularly impressed.
“Took you long enough?” she reads, wrinkling her nose. “Kurt, this is the most passive-aggressive engraving I’ve ever seen on a ring.”
Kurt waves her off, grinning.
“Oh, don’t worry, he’ll get it.”
- tohavealifetimeoffun likes this
- goldenraeofsun reblogged this from heartwolf-archive
- readwithbean reblogged this from greekfreak2
- thricellamaaddicted reblogged this from devonwood
- thricellamaaddicted likes this
- aplaceformylikesandshit reblogged this from thetracyproject
- cuddleme-ed likes this
- marsmaywander reblogged this from devonwood
- krumcake likes this
- kookaburrito reblogged this from greekfreak2
- cinnamon-coffee likes this
- maniainhell reblogged this from daxterdd
- starschaseyouaway likes this
- holymusicalnightbird likes this
- obriensnipples likes this
- realredfish likes this
- bookfanatic likes this
- darrenthehobbit reblogged this from heartwolf-archive
- misselaineofoz reblogged this from heartwolf-archive
- yukki-sama likes this
- dinosdiedforklaine reblogged this from daxterdd and added:
- hellaradvsblue reblogged this from devonwood and added:
- cinnamon-coffee reblogged this from devonwood
- stfabrayic likes this
- flamingquill likes this
- mylifeast likes this
- kissums likes this
- princesseswannahavefun likes this
- themouseisfamily reblogged this from masterobiwan
- capaldischalk likes this
- tvtaughtmehow reblogged this from masterobiwan
- glitter6ug reblogged this from gaybrielswan
- gaybrielswan reblogged this from masterobiwan
- masterobiwan reblogged this from beatricetsukiyomi
- airportappreciation likes this
- pairofdoves likes this
- thankthespis reblogged this from islytherin
- mondlilie reblogged this from devonwood
- mondlilie likes this
- wickedwonder likes this
- scullysdesk likes this
- jordansjeremyarchive likes this
- pawprintmusings likes this
- deutschlandweltmeister2014 likes this
- jiehsikahhh likes this
- yifanisnotmystyle likes this
- islytherin reblogged this from beatricetsukiyomi
- takeoffmyclothesaladdin reblogged this from beatricetsukiyomi